In September 2009 I defended my thesis “Servant Leadership as a Tool for Effective Business Management” at Warsaw School of Economics. Below I present the outline of my thesis. You can download it at this address.
“SERVANT LEADERSHIP AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT”
PART I – LEADERSHIP IN MANAGEMENT STUDIES
- What Is Leadership?
- Definitions Of Leadership
- Leadership Styles
- Leadership Models
- Can Anyone Become A Leader?
- What Is Charisma?
- Examples Of Leadership
- Leadership Traits & The 5c Model
- Recognizing A Leader
- Differences Between Managers And Leaders
- Power And Leadership
PART II – SERVICE MODEL OF LEADERSHIP
- What Is Servant Leadership?
- Examples Of Servant Leaders
- Difference Between The Service And Power Models Of Leadership
- The Key Practices Of Servant Leaders
- The Paradoxical Commandments Of Leadership
- Relations Between Servant Leadership And Buddhism
- Servant Leadership As A Tool For Managers
PART III – UNDERSTANDING ONESELF AS A BASIS FOR PRACTICING SERVANT LEADERSHIP
- Why Is It So Important To Understand Oneself?
- Psychological Tests As A Tool For Leaders
- Managing Oneself In A Way That Facilitates Understanding One’s Inner Side
PART IV – TOOLS AND SKILLS OF A GREAT LEADER
- Public Speaking
- Active Listening
- Interpersonal Negotiations And Persuasion
- Developing Other People’s Potential
- Teamwork And Conflict Resolution
- Differences Between A Good And A Great Leader